Only reduces 20 contaminants. Very short filter life only lasts 40 gallons. Frequent filter changes drive up ongoing cost. Very slow drip filtration compared to countertop or under counter systems. Best performing pitcher on the market.
From the manufacturer
Our unique, premium carbon water filter removes 96% of mercury and 95% of industrial pollutants. It also reduces chlorine (taste and odor) and 96% of trace levels of pharmaceuticals, giving you clean, great-tasting water. Yet it still leaves behind beneficial fluoride. Built in electronic CleanSensor(tm) Monitor indicates when you need to change the filter. MAXION filter technology is PUR’s unique formulation approach for blending carbon and ion exchange materials for maximum contaminant reduction. Clean drinking water is the foundation for good health. PUR pitchers with MAXION technology turn your ordinary tap water into clean, fresh-tasting drinking water.
From the manufacturer
- Certified to remove 96% of mercury and 95% of industrial pollutants
- Keep track of your filter life with a built-in electronic CleanSensor™ Monitor. The indicator flashes green, yellow or red so you'll always know when it's time for a replacement filter
- Water Pitcher holds seven 8 oz glasses of water
- Comfort-grip handle
- Easy-fill lid is thumb activated for simplicity
- Pour spout cover prevents odors and particulates from getting into your clean water
- Slim, space-saving design makes optimal use of refrigerator shelf
- Water Pitcher filter provides up to 40 gallons of clean water or lasts up to 2 months
- BPA free
- All PUR pitchers and filters are recyclable
Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5
Number of Reviews: 1861.0 out of 5 stars
Pour Spout Pukes, Reservoir Too Small - Don't Buy - Get the 11 Cup Classic
By Howell Haus on January 19, 2016
I've had both the 11 Cup and 18 Cup filters. Liked them both, and they shared the same filter. We also have the sink tap filter, which we use to fill a glass pitcher with water that sits at room temp to allow any remaining off gassing to occur (chlorine et al). The 11 Cup Classic filter stays in our camper and it developed a crack, which isn't surprising because it gets knocked around a bit. I ordered the 7 Cup Ultimate thinking I might like the slightly smaller size, and maybe Ultimate 'meant something'.
I agree with several other reviews. This crazy thing leaks, i.e., when you go to pour it, water dribbles down from the spout and all over everything else. For that alone I'd give it a one star rating. Additionally, as most other agree, the reservoir at the top is too small and requires more frequent filling in order to fill the pitcher. It's poorly designed, was not tested thoroughly, probably saved them 15% in the manufacture, and offers no references to what material the pitcher is made from, a la, what is my water sitting in ? Leaching from ? This should be stated...